TOMATOES BENEFITS: 10 REASONS TO EAT THEM.
Red, juicy, you can always eat it thanks to the many nutritional and therapeutic properties. What are we talking about? Tomato! It is a berry of various forms and a symbol of the Mediterranean diet, as well as a good and healthy ingredient. Did you know that the health benefits of tomato are numerous and that it can improve our lives? You may be wondering “And what are tomatoes benefits?” Well, read this article and find out!
10 health benefits of tomatoes.
- They keep the skin healthy, since they are rich in lycopene, which, together with antioxidant benefits, helps to protect the skin from the harmful action of ultraviolet rays, in addition to keeping away wrinkles. Are tomatoes good for skin? Yes, of course!
- They possess high levels of calcium and vitamin K, which are both good for repairing and strengthening bones. In addition, lycopene has been shown to be a valuable ally in combating osteoporosis.
- The increase in the consumption of tomatoes could have an important impact on our lives: they help us to sleep better and, as well known, if we sleep well our lives also improve.
- It’s great for eye health because of the action of beta-carotene and lutein, which protect your eyes from degenerative diseases. Whether it is raw or cooked is not important, but the advice is to eat them always ripe, because the greenish and unripe fruits not only do not contain all the beneficial substances but are rich in a substance, solanine, potentially toxic for the organism.
- It is an excellent ally against aging, thanks to the presence of carotenoids (beta-carotene and lycopene) that protect from the harmful effects caused by free radicals and other oxidizing elements responsible for cellular aging.
- Lycopene has antitumor molecules, which give the tomato an anti-cancer action. This action is more stimulated after cooking, since it improves the nutritional value.
- Tomatoes are low in calories but are rich in nutrients and energy. They also help to curb appetite, as it is rich in water, and its high fibre content is an effective remedy against constipation.
- They are good for the heart, are effective in reducing cholesterol levels and can lower blood pressure thanks to the high content of vitamin B, folic acid, niacin and potassium. In general, if they are included in the diet, tomatoes help to fight heart problems.
- They reduce the damage caused by smoking since they contain coumaric acid and chlorogenic acid that help protect the body from carcinogenic substances present in it.
- Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, which helps to strengthen the immune system.
In ProLon® you can find soups based on tomato, in order to take advantage of its various health benefits. Soups maintain the pure taste of tomato and they are also good in the summer version as Gaspacho.
Deixe um comentário